Friday, February 27, 2009

A Girl With Songs To Shout.......


Today was such a long day, a very FULL, satisfying, long day. It was a day of inspiration, creativity, of possibility, of direction and clarity. It was also a day that I experienced one of my most embarrassing moments!  Oh, the irony of it all. Ha! And, to think that I am posting it for you to read is quite funny to me.  

We had a Leadership Development Training today at my church that I also work and do various ministry with.  It really got the wheels turning in my head.  The "charge" was for us as leaders to think about and meditate on our character attributes, what degree of emotional, psychological and spiritual health do we have and overall what level of competency do we possess when looking at four different quadrants that point us towards particular areas of emotional intelligence.  I will probably expound on this topic when I have my notes in front of me and after I have marinated in the material a while.  The second half of the day was led by our Senior Pastor who challenged us to "Go the Distance" in regards to Soul-Care in the helping professions (and of course some suggestions on the "how to" part).   

After leaving the training I had a couple of private practice clients.  As I have mentioned previously, things have changed with my private practice arrangement.  A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to say "Yes" to the invitation to join my colleague and friend who I admire deeply in her office in North County, Carlsbad.  I am still practicing in Sorrento Valley at Healthy Within as well.   This new endeavor has been an amazing blessing so far and each time I step foot in the office it feels like "Home" to me.  My heart sings with joy and I am thrilled from client to client to be there as a change agent for souls!  Along the lines of singing.....this is the perfect segue into the embarrassing moment.  So, I rush out of the office between clients to run to the "lieu" and the women's restroom key doesn't work.  I try again to no avail.  I decide quickly that I really have to go, so I guess it's to the men's lieu I go....LOL!  :) I have an inner dialogue with myself, "well it's after 6, most everyone in the building seems to be gone for the day, surely I won't run into anyone"!  So, I hesitantly knock and make my way there to discover no man, THANK GOD.  All the while I am singing to myself which I often do. My world is in music most of the time, so I often catch myself singing my little heart out in the shower, in my car.....or while walking out of the men's bathroom. :)  Thus....my embarrassing moment.  I walk out singing this song I couldn't get out of my head all day by Jon Foreman...."If you love her let her go, if you love her let her go...she sings beautiful and slow".....How appropriate, just as I exit, singing at a medium volume, a man approaches this destination....I am stunned, probably beat red and he appears amused and looked at me as if to say, "what in the world were you doing in there?  Oh well, I guess when you've gotta go, you've gotta go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment